Bone Broth Recipe
To heal the lining of the gut, drink a cup of bone broth daily.
- 4-5 100% grass-fed beef marrow bones, poultry bones or wild caught fish bones (plus old bones from last batch)
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 6 carrots cut in half
- 6 stalks of celery cut in half
- 6-10 garlic cloves
- 1 1 onion quartered
- Your favorite spices – I use Adobo or Italian seasoning
- Enough distilled water to fill your crock pot and refill it for 3 to 4 days while your bone broth brews
Fill up your crockpot with the above ingredients. Rinse bones before using, save by freezing after using and re-use them until they completely disintegrate. Always have some new ones with marrow in each batch.
Place all ingredients in crockpot and turn on high until it just begins to boil. Turn down and simmer it for 3 to 4 days. Keep adding water. You may have to tilt the lid to keep it from boiling.
To deconstruct, use a large sieve. Remove all bones first and freeze for next time. Take out the vegetables and eat them or leave them in with the other gunk and give them to your dog.
Pour remaining broth through a mesh strainer and put in jars. Leave it in the refrigerator until it is cold and then freeze it. The broth will be very rich at this point. You can freeze it in ice cube trays or glass jars to save freezer space with the idea of adding water when you are ready to use it. If you do the ice cube trays, 1 cube will make 1 to 2 cups of broth.