World’s greatest eggnog!
An easy and delicious eggnog recipe your sure to enjoy this holiday season
- 6 Lg Egg Yolks
- 2 Tbsp Pomegranate Maple Syrup
- 1 Cup 100% Grass-Fed Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 Cups 100% Grass-Fed Milk
- 2 Tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 Tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1 Pinch Salt
- 1 Tsp Organic Vanilla Extract
- Ground Cinnamon For Topping
- Whisk the egg yolks together in a medium bowl until light and creamy.
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, combine the pomegranates syrup, cream, milk, spices and salt. Stir often until mixture reaches a bare simmer.
- Add a big spoonful of the hot milk to the egg mixture, whisking vigorously. Repeat, adding a big spoonful at a time, to temper the eggs.
- Once most of the hot milk has been added to the eggs, pour the mixture back into the saucepan on the stove.
- Whisk constantly for just a few minutes, until the mixture is just slightly thickened (or until it reaches about 160 degrees F on a thermometer). It will thicken more as it cools.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla.
- Pour the eggnog into a pitcher or other container and cover with plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate until chilled. It will thicken as it cools. If you want a thinner, completely smooth consistency, you can add the entire mixture to a blender with 1 or 2 tablespoons of milk and blend until smooth.
- Serve with a sprinkle of cinnamon, and fresh whipped cream, if desired.
- Store homemade eggnog in the fridge for up to one week.
NutritionCalories: 307kcal Carbohydrates: 22g Protein: 6g Fat: 21g Saturated Fat: 12g Cholesterol: 246mg Sodium: 58mg Potassium: 155mg Sugar: 20g Vitamin A: 960IU Vitamin C: 0.2mg Calcium: 140mg Iron: 0.5mg
Interested in Wellness Coaching or Nutritional Guidance?
Fill out our online contact form or Call Now 513-205-6543
Follow us on Social Media: