Blueberry Vegan Muffins
A yummy vegan take on blueberry muffins
- 1 1/4 cups Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 cups All Jovial Foods Einkorn Flour
- 1 cup Coconut Crystals Granulated Sugar
- 4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Cornstarch
- 1/3 cup Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 cups Fresh Blueberries
- 1-2 tbsp Coconut Sugar (optional, for sprinkling the tops)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a standard muffin pan with liners and spray them lightly with oil.
- Combine the milk and apple cider vinegar in a measuring cup and set aside to curdle. This is your "buttermilk".
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients: flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cornstarch.
- Pour in the milk/vinegar mixture, oil and vanilla. Stir with a large spoon to combine, but do not over mix. Some small lumps are fine.
- Fold in the blueberries, gently. Using a small measuring cup or ice cream scoop, add batter to the liners in the pan 3/4 of the way full. Top with a few extra blueberries and a sprinkle of coarse sugar, if desired.
- Bake for 22-26 minutes, until golden brown on top and a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cool 5 minutes in the pan, then move to a cooling rack. Eat and enjoy!
- Store leftover muffins in an airtight container at room temperature for about 3 days. You can also freeze them by wrapping them in plastic wrap and placing them in a large freezer bag.
Interested in Wellness Coaching or Nutritional Guidance?
Fill out our online contact form or Call Now 513-205-6543
Follow us on Social Media: