Slow-Cooker Green Bean Casserole with Crispy Onions
Everything is grass fed, wild caught and organic.
- 5 1/2- to 6-quart slow cooker
- 2 1/2 Lbs Fresh Green Beans Trimmed into thirds
- 10 Oz Package Of Mushrooms Sliced
- 1 Lg Onion Chopped
- 3 Lg Cloves Of Garlic Minced
- 3 Tbsp Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1/4 Tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Pepper
- 1 Med Onion Halved and sliced
- 1 Cup Buttermilk
- 1/3 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 Tsp Ground Pepper
- 1/8 Tsp Sea Salt
- Olive Oil Cooking Spray
- 3 Tbsp Cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp Dry Sherry
- 1 Cup Sour Cream At room temperature
- 1/2 Tsp Dried Thyme
- To prepare green beans & mushrooms: Combine green beans, mushrooms, chopped onion, garlic, oil, 1 1/4 teaspoons salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in a 5 1/2- to 6-quart slow cooker. Cook on High until tender, about 2 1/2 hours.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- To prepare onion topping: Combine sliced onion and buttermilk in a medium bowl. Let stand for 15 minutes. Drain (discard buttermilk) and return the onion to the bowl. Sprinkle with flour, pepper and salt and toss to coat well. Transfer to a large rimmed baking sheet. Generously coat with cooking spray. Bake, stirring once or twice, until tender and crisp, 25 to 28 minutes. Let stand at room temperature for up to 2 hours.
- To prepare sauce: When the vegetables are done, combine cornstarch and sherry in medium bowl; stir until smooth. Add sour cream and stir to combine well. Add the sour cream mixture and thyme to the vegetables; stir until well coated with the mixture. Cover and continue cooking for 20 more minutes. Serve topped with the crispy onions.
133 calories; protein 3.5g; carbohydrates 15.4g; dietary fiber 3.2g; sugars 5.1g; fat 7.1g; saturated fat 2.2g; cholesterol 9.6mg; vitamin a iu 727.8IU; vitamin c 13.6mg; folate 52.4mcg; calcium 66.5mg; iron 1.3mg; magnesium 31.4mg; potassium 372mg; sodium 273mg; thiamin 0.1mg.
Interested in Wellness Coaching or Nutritional Guidance?
Fill out our online contact form or Call Now 513-205-6543
Follow us on Social Media: