Salmon BLT Salad with Chive Ranch
Salmon is so simple to prepare and makes for a quick and easy meal.
- 1/4 Cup Plain unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 Cup Avocado Mayo
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 Tsp Fresh Dill Minced or 1/4 Tsp Dried
- 1 Garlic Clove Minced
- 2 Tbsp Chives Chopped
- Sea Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 Lb Wild-Caught Individual Salmon Fillets Skin on or off
- 3/4 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 3/4 Tsp Onion Powder
- 3/4 Tsp Smoked Paprika
- 3/4 Tsp Sea Salt
- 1/8 Tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Macadamia Nut Oil or Ghee
- 6 Cups Mixed Greens of Choice Chopped
- 1 Cup Cherry Tomatoes Halved
- 6 Slices Bacon Cooked Crisp and crumbled or chopped
- 1 Med Avacado Thinly sliced
- Whisk together the almond milk, mayo, lemon juice, and dill until smooth. Stir in the garlic and chives, then season to taste with sea salt and black pepper.
- Pat the fillets dry with a paper towel. In a small bowl, mix together all the seasonings. You can make the salmon on the stovetop in a skillet or on the grill. If grilling, brush generously all over with the oil or ghee before beginning. If pan-frying, the oil or ghee is for the skillet.
- Heat the grill or skillet to medium-high heat. Add oil or ghee to the skillet. In a skillet, place the salmon skin-side down (if you chose skin) and cook about 3 minutes on each side, adjusting for preference and thickness.
- If grilling, brush the grill with oil or ghee and place the salmon flesh side down on the hot grill. Cook about 3 minutes, then carefully flip and cook skin side down for another 3-4 minutes, adjusting for thickness and preference.
- Remove to a plate and assemble the salad. Layer the greens with tomatoes, bacon, sliced avocado, and red onion, and place salmon on top. Drizzle all over with as much of the dressing as you like and garnish with extra chives if desired. Serve right away. Enjoy!
NutritionCalories: 418kcal Carbohydrates: 7g Protein: 19g Fat: 35g Saturated Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 66mg Sodium: 612mg Potassium: 657mg Fiber: 3g Sugar: 2g Vitamin A: 336IU Vitamin C: 11mg Calcium: 33mg Iron: 1mg
Interested in Wellness Coaching or Nutritional Guidance?
Fill out our online contact form or Call Now 513-205-6543
Follow us on Social Media: