There are several tricks to making delicious scallops. The first one is to make sure that the scallops are completely dry. For that reason, I don’t buy them frozen. I think it’s much more difficult. So, if possible buy them fresh. If not let them thaw out a day ahead of time in a strainer so that the excess water drips out while in the refrigerator.
The second trick for great scallops is getting the oil in the pan very hot before adding the scallops. It should be just below the smoke point when you put your scallops in. Understanding how quickly scallops cook is key. They only take four to five minutes to cook — that’s it! Once you understand that and resist the temptation to overcook them, you’ll be a pro! So, another key is to make sure that everything else that you are preparing for that meal is ready before you do the scallops.
Finally, and this is the crème de la crème, there’s a secret ingredient that I use for my scallops that takes them to another dimension taste-wise. Wait for it…. organic pesto. Yes, you heard me correctly, pesto.
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 Stick Grass-Fed Butter
- 2 Tbsp Organic Basil Pesto
- 1 Lb Fresh Scallops
- 4 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Parsley Garnish
- Heat your skillet and add 2 tablespoons of Cento Organic Basil Pesto sauce to the pan along with enough organic olive oil to cover the bottom of the pan. Key step right here. You want them to sizzle and crisp to a golden color on the outside.
- The first scallop should sizzle as soon as it hits the oil. If it doesn’t, wait and let the pan continue heating before adding any more.
- Add half a stick of butter to complete the Browning process.
- Sear them without moving them for about 2-3 minutes on each side and you are done!
Interested in Wellness Coaching or Nutritional Guidance?
Fill out our online contact form or Call Now 513-205-6543
Follow us on Social Media: